Westaff is currently seeking an experience Material Handler for their premier client in Voorheesville,NY.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Receiving and handling of all inbound and outbound materials, including the preparation, filing and distribution of all appropriate documentation in an organized and efficient manner
- Entering receipt and issuance of all material into the computerized inventory system,
- Organizing all material to ensure effective and efficient incoming and outgoing flow of material,
- Responsible for ensuring material is correctly identified and placed in its proper location designated in the automated inventory storage system and /or the storage racks.
- Provide assistance to production-scheduling personnel by insuring that incoming material and material accumulated from stock inventory is complete, properly issued and delivered to the point-of-use.
- Expediting all material shortages, and when necessary, identifying all material substitution to the Traffic and Materials Control Coordinator to determine the suitability of materials for critically required items
- Preparation and shipment of all materials, including the compressors units to customers utilizing approved shipping document procedures.
- Preparation of material and documentation for the return of goods to supplier, including the inventory adjustment in the computerized inventory system.
- Coordinate and manage the material inventory levels through the kan-ban system in all areas necessary to ensure that adequate stock levels are maintained.
- Responsible for material receiving and receiver documentation reconciliation with the purchase order and/or stockroom location.
- Responsible for the accumulation of all parts and components onto specified job carts, including the maintenance of a current “shortage list" for all material on the production floor and the accumulation area.
- Interface with other functions (i.e. Production. Service, Planning, Purchasing) to ensure timely and accurate distribution of production inventory.
- To comply with Safety Rules, Regulations and OSHA Requirements
- High school graduate (or equivalent).
- At least one year of related stockroom experience.
- Knowledge of Computerized Inventory System with ability to learn any new equipment introduced to carry out the functions of the department.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to team with other ACC members in a cooperative and friendly manner
- Creative problem solver.
If you feel that you would be a good fit for this position, please visit our website at http://www.westaff.com to complete our online application. Once completed, please call our office at (518) 438-3010.
This position is a temporary to permanent position! Don't miss out on this great opportunity!